“Economic and Social Participation of Vulnerable Displaced Persons and Local Population in the South Caucasus” (EPIC) implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) on behalf of German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). EPIC programme objective in Armenia is to contribute to the economic integration of displaced persons from Syria.
Position: Entrepreneurship Shuttle 1 Coach
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Armenian Progressive Youth (APY), a non-governmental organization based in Yerevan, Armenia, is looking for an Entrepreneurship Shuttle Coach in the framework of GIZ “Economic and Social Participation of Vulnerable Displaced Persons and Local Population in the South Caucasus” (EPIC) programme. The purpose of the job is to design and execute entrepreneurship sessions aimed at unleashing the entrepreneurial potential of displaced persons from Syria and vulnerable persons in Yerevan and its satellite communities.
Armenian Progressive Youth is a non-profit, non-political organization aiming to support, inspire and engage young people from Armenia and all over the world to develop their social leadership skills, to take their civic responsibility and to act as change-makers. Through different projects, initiatives and non-formal education tools it helps young people to succeed, ensuring that they develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and competences to fit to the modern world.
Main tasks of the position
The following tasks and responsibilities are expected to be accomplished over the 12-month service contract:
- Participate in the Entrepreneurship Shuttle methodological training provided by
APY’s partner Action Against Hunger South Caucasus;
- Together with the APY staff plan the implementation of the shuttle activities and create the Entrepreneurship Shuttle itinerary;
- Conduct an awareness-raising campaign for relevant stakeholders and potential participants in the programme location;
- Carry out group sessions and individual coaching using the methodology of Entrepreneurship Shuttle;
- Maintain and update the programme participants’ database and provide regular feedback on their progress;
- Generate alliances and collaborations with organizations and companies as well as other stakeholders within the entrepreneurial ecosystem, to support brokering with companies and mentoring;
- Provide monthly narrative reports to respective APY staff and a final report at the end of the programme;
- Support the development of methodological tools and materials of the programme and share good practices and lessons learned with the project team;
- Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas and new opportunities to further develop the programme;
- Assist in the implementation of networking events and forums as requested;
- Act as the spokesperson of the programme when necessary;
- Coordinate with the project management team and assist in other activities as required;
- Demonstrate commitment towards gender equality issues
- Provide individual coaching/guidance and conduct group sessions with programme participants to support the development of competences.
- Ensure the achievement of set indicators and goals.
- Maintain the participant database.
- Submit monthly reports, as well as a final report upon the completion of the programme.
Requirements for the position
- Academic qualification and background in Business Administration, Economics,
Psychology, Social Sciences and other related fields;
- Specific knowledge and expertise of business development training and coaching
and providing assistance to entrepreneurs (knowledge of Canvas business model,
marketing, legal aspects, etc.);
- At least 3 years of experience in conducting training on entrepreneurship;
- At least two years of experience in working in social projects;
- Knowledge in elaboration and evaluation of business plans and financial analysis;
- Expertise in gender or youth issues is an asset;
- Willingness to attend trainings on gender or youth (such as the training on «Youth Participation and Empowerment» on 12-15 February 2019 in Tbilisi, Georgia);
- High level of sensitivity in working with vulnerable individuals as well as experienced in supporting personal and emotional development;
- Proven analytical and report writing skills;
- Presentation and communication skills;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Motivated and goal-oriented;
- Highly proficient in Armenian and English languages;
Work Plan: The work plan will be made together with APY.
Fees: The total amount for the contract to be negotiated based on the proposition and experience of the consultant.
Payment: Monthly payments will be made in AMD upon the approval of the timesheet and submission of monthly reports to APY.
Report: The monthly and final report documents will be submitted as an electronic version in the English language
- Based in Yerevan;
- 40 hours working week (overtime required occasionally) starting from 01.03.2019;
- Contract according to Armenian Labour Code.
Interested applicants should send their CV and Cover letter to the APY email address: [email protected] with the subject line “Entrepreneurship Shuttle Coach”.
The application deadline is 25 January 2019.
Please kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.No additional information will be given in the office or by telephone.
The application files remain the property of APY. By sending information requested under the present job announcement, candidates
provide their consent on personal data collection. Also, if not requested otherwise, candidates give their consent on storing information in reserve.