We are glad to announce that “Skills and knowledge for youth empowerment” one-year program is now accepting applications.
“Armenian Progressive Youth” NGO invites 18 to 30-year-old Syrian-Armenian and local youth to participate in “Skills and knowledge for youth empowerment” one-year program. The program aims to promote the integration of displaced and conflict-affected young people and their local peers as well as provide career orientation guidance, capacity building trainings and workshops. It also aims to create employment opportunities through the provision of funds to support their activities. A youth club will be established within the framework of the project, in which 25 young Syrian-Armenians and locals will be involved. Selected candidates will have an opportunity to participate in weekly meetings. Each meeting will lastfor about 2 hours. The meetings will be held by “Armenian Progressive Youth” NGO’s club leaders.
By taking part in the program participants will have the opportunity to:
• Take part in the “Skills and knowledge of youth empowerment” program’s major components;
•Complete an internship at the “Armenian Progressive Youth” NGO, putting into practice the acquired knowledge and skills;
• Become a member of “Armenian Progressive Youth” NGO’s youth network and participate in local and international youth programs offered by the organization;
•Acquire new contacts, make new friends and get actively involved in social and youth programs.
Apply if you:
• Are 18-30 years old Syrian-Armenian or a local;
• Want to develop your skills and knowledge;
• Are ready to spend 2 hours weekly on club meetings;
How to apply:
• Send a motivation letter about why you want to participate in the program to [email protected]
• The letter can be sent either in English or in Eastern or Western Armenian.
Dates and Deadlines
• The deadline for applications is February 5, 2017.
• The results are expected to be published on February 10, 2017.
• The project is planned to start on February 15.
• The total duration of the project is until February, 2018. Participation is free of charge.
Should you have any questions do not hesitate to contact Adrine Aghabekyan at [email protected] or by calling (010) 523870 number. You can also visit our office located at 24 Saryan str. or write to our Facebook page. The project is implemented by “Armenian Progressive Youth” NGO and “World Vision Armenia”, funded by US Department of State: Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration.