Job Title: Program Assistant
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Reporting To: Program Manager
Opening Date: 10 February, 2017
Application Deadline: 17 February 2017
Starts from: 01 March 2017
Workload per week: 25 hours (60%)
Duration: Fixed term until July 2017 (Could be extended up to 1 year)
Purpose of the Job:
APY, a non-governmental organization based in Armenia, is looking for an enthusiastic, young, progressive and proactive individual to become a member of its growing team. We are looking for an assistant who will support us in our activities, assisting the Program Manager in daily operations and communications.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the Program Manager as well as general program activities of the organization. The program assistant will specifically work on conflict management and refugee integration programs as a priority.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provides support to the Program Manager, including participation of the projects, implementation phase and evaluation;
• Conducts project related meetings, communication with program partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders;
• Manages the overall logistical and technical aspects of local and international projects on Conflict Management and Refugee Integration conducted by the organization in Yerevan and regions of Armenia;
• Supports the implementation of “Culture for Local Development” program;
• Develops and maintains contact databases; organizes meetings and events;
• Helps with paper work and reporting;
• Schedules appointments and meetings and manages the calendar of project activities;
• Books rooms and conference facilities in cooperation with Project Manager;
• Arranges international travel of the guests, experts and participants in cooperation with Project Managers;
• Supports the Educational Supervisor in producing and preparing educational materials, participant lists, travel timetables, name tags;
• Closely cooperates with the designers and PR and Communication Manager in preparation of general promo materials for specific activities and programs.
General Tasks and Responsibilities
• Writes letters and sends them to appropriate bodies, and receives incoming mails;
• Creates specific strategies for easier and effective execution of projects;
• Maintains contacts with potential stakeholders who may be interested in investing in projects;
• Keep records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management;
• Draft project budgets related to logistics on a monthly basis in cooperation with the Accountant and ensures that it meets all necessary criteria;
• Assists in preparing program related reports, presentations, memos, including the development of tables, charts, and figures;
• Working in close cooperation with local and international volunteers of the organization.
• Higher education in the fields of European Studies, Project Management, Conflict Management, Foreign Languages, Public Administration, Social Sciences or any related field;
• A minimum of 1 year of professional experience in project management and youth work fields as well as solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools;
• Strong oral and written skills in Armenian and English languages;
• Being detail-oriented with strong communication skills;
• Having the ability to solve problems and manage time effectively,
• Being able to work in a multicultural team and work as a part of a team, meeting the deadlines;
• High computer literacy, with good knowledge of social media tools;
• Self-starter with ability to work with minimum supervision;
• Willingness to work sometimes irregular hours, week-ends, travel to the regions, with overnight paid and fully covered stay-over.
Salary and Workload
The Program assistant will work 25 hours weekly. Additionally, there will be regional trips and overnight stays on week-ends and during the week. Regional trips as well as overnight and weekend work will be paid separately as a daily allowance in the end of each month. The net salary envisaged for this position is 100.000 AMD monthly. The health insurance is not covered by the organization.
Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter and CV to [email protected]. In the subject line of your e-mail message please indicate your name and the position you are applying for, e.g. Program Assistant: Petros Petrosyan
Application deadline is February 17, 2016. For more information on APY, please refer to the organization’s website at www.apy.am or contact our HR Manager at [email protected]
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.