Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Yerevan office
Reporting To: Executive Director
Starts: 01 December 2017
Finishes: 01 October 2018
Workload per week: 30 hours (80%)
Contract: Fixed Term until October 1, 2018 (with a possibility of extension)
Purpose of the Job:
APY, a non-governmental organization based in Yerevan, Armenia, is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual to become a member of its growing team as a Project Coordinator and oversee the implementation of our EU financed “Youth EN.P.ACT (Entrepreneurship, Participation, Action) Lab” project. The Project Coordinator will provide project management guidance, supervision and support to a team of project coordinators of based in Yerevan and Dilijan. The Project Coordinator will also support Executive Director in daily operations and also APY activities, daily operations and communications.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the operations, implementation and reporting of the project activities in cooperation with Yerevan and Dilijan based Project Coordinators as well as assist to Executive Director in daily operations.
The Key Tasks and Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plans, manages and oversees the successful implementation of the project preparation, implementation and
evaluation phases in compliance with criteria, regulations and policies outlines in the project proposal;
- Contribute to successful strategies to maximize the project impact;
- Designs and carries out a partner outreach and enrollment strategy;
- Participates in community and global networking to synergize the project activities;
- Closely cooperates with the project team to ensure timely execution of project activates and submission of paperwork to the donor;
- Organizes project related meetings, communication with program partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- Develops and maintains contact databases; organizes meetings and events;
- Conducts the communications for major donors and prospects, including monthly and final narrative reporting;
- Schedules appointments and meetings and manages the calendar of project activities;
- Arranges the travel of the guests, experts and participants in cooperation with Project Coordinators
General Tasks and Responsibilities
- Writes letters and sends them to appropriate bodies, and receives incoming mails;
- Creates specific strategies for easier and effective execution of projects;
- Maintains contacts with potential stakeholders who may be interested in investing in projects;
- Keeps records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management;
- Drafts project budgets related to logistics on a monthly basis in cooperation with the Accountant and ensures that it meets all necessary criteria;
- Prepares the program related monthly progress reports, presentations, memos, including the development of tables, charts, and figures;
- Works in close cooperation with local and international volunteers of the organization;
- Higher education in the fields of European Studies, Project Management, Conflict Management, Foreign Languages, Public Administration, Social Sciences or other related field;
- Experience in EU-funded project management;
- A minimum of 3 year of professional experience in project management and youth work fields as well as solid organizational skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools;
- Strong oral and written skills in Armenian and English languages;
- Being detail-oriented and possessing strong communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and take on a wide range of tasks;
- Having the ability to solve problems and manage time effectively,
- Being able to work in a multicultural team and work as a part of a team, meeting the deadlines;
- High computer literacy, with good knowledge of social media tools;
- Strong networking abilities;
- Flexibility to sometimes work irregular hours, week-ends, travel to the regions, with overnight paid and fully covered stays.
Salary and Workload
The Project Coordinator will work 30 hours weekly (5 days a week + there might regional trips and overnight stays on week-ends and during the week. Regional trips as well as overnight stays will be covered by the organization. The working hours daily are from 10:00 to 17:00 including 1 hour break.
The salary envisaged for this position is 168.000 AMD GROSS salary (without taxes and social security expenses), 117.000 AMD NET salary (taxes deducted). The health insurance is not covered by the organization.
Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter and CV to [email protected]
In the subject line of your e-mail message please indicate your name and the position you are applying for, e.g. Project Coordinator: Shushan Shushanyan
Application deadline is November 16, 2017.
For more information on APY, please refer to the organization’s website at www.apy.am or contact our HR Manager at [email protected]
“Youth EN.P.ACT (Entrepreneurship, Participation, Action) Lab” is financed by the Small Grants Scheme for Armenian Civil Society Organisations by EU funded STRONG Civil Society Organisations for Stronger Armenia program. The project is implemented by Armenian Progressive Youth NGO is collaboration with “Youth Cooperation Center of Dilijan” NGO and “EcoLab Foundation for Sustainable development and Active Citizenship”.