Job Title: Research Officer
Reporting To: Executive Director
Opening Date: 15 September, 2017
Application Deadline: 20 September, 2017
Starts from: 25 September, 2017
Workload per week: 15 hours
Schedule: Flexible (not office based)
Contract: Fixed Term until March 2018 (Contract could be extended up to 1 year)
Purpose of the Job:
APY, a non-governmental organization based in Yerevan, Armenia, is looking for a Research Officer who will provide research support, conduct impact assessment, draft opinions, statements as well as perform a wide variety of research field work.
The Research Officer will be responsible for performing a wide variety of research field work tasks, analysing data, providing assistance in reviewing documents and writing reports, summaries, publications and preparing PowerPoint presentations. The Research Officer will also conduct surveys, design questionnaires as well as organize focus groups and interviews to assess the impact of the organization and its projects.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Contributes to the overall research process at the organization, preparing reports, summaries, protocols, opinions, statements as well as quantitative and qualitative analyses assigned by the Executive Director;
• Organises, manages and carries out research into areas such as youth participation, youth inclusion in the labour market, education, youth unemployment, etc.
• Conducts research though various means, such as focus groups, surveys and interviews;
• Records and analyses the results of the research using statistical techniques and packages;
• Prepares written summaries, contributes to research publications and puts together oral or poster presentations;
• Conducts impact assessment of the organizations work and it’s particular programs and projects, interviews it’s beneficiaries and partners;
• Carries out interviews in Armenian and English, manages the collected data as well as prepares publications;
• Analyses data using data analysis software and writing reports and publications;
• Develops Power Point presentations based on the outcome of the conducted researches.
• Higher education in the fields of Sociology, Social Sciences or any related field;
• A minimum of 2 years of research experience is preferred;
• Strong oral and written skills in Armenian and English languages;
• Excellent skills to use Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint;
• Ability to undertake a social research, conduct interviews, focus groups and surveys;
• Excellent listening, communication and organizational skills;
• Ability to produce clear findings and reasoned recommendations;
• Ability to write articles, briefs with good spelling and grammar in Armenian and English;
• Ability to make presentations to large groups is preferred;
• Awareness of social issues and the social, political and economic environment of Armenia;
• Interest in Civil Society work and public policy research;
• Critical Thinking, having the ability to solve problems and manage time effectively;
• Ability to travel to the regions of Armenia and stay away from home occasionally.
Salary and Workload
The Research Officer will work 15 hours weekly having a flexible schedule and not having to be based at the Head Office of the organization. There might regional trips and overnight stays on week-ends and during the week which will be additionally paid. Regional trips as well as overnight and weekend work will be paid separately as a daily allowance in the end of the month. The salary envisaged for this position is 75.000 AMD monthly (taxes and social security expenses are not included in the mentioned salary and are covered by the organization separately). The health insurance is not covered by the organization.
Interested applicants should submit a CV along with several articles, reports or researches in English to [email protected]
In the subject line of your e-mail message please indicate your name and the position you are applying for, e.g. Research Officer: Vardan Vardanyan
Application deadline is September 20, 2017.
For more information on APY, please refer to the organization’s website at www.apy.am or contact our HR Manager at [email protected]
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.