Job Title: Youth Forum Moderator
Reporting To: Project Coordinator and Executive Director
Duration: 2 days
Period: End of June, beginning of July (TBC)
Available positions: 2 moderators
Terms of Reference
Purpose of the Job:
APY, a non-governmental organization based in Yerevan, Armenia, is looking for a Youth Forum moderator in the framework of the EU funded “Youth EN.P.ACT (Entrepreneurship, Participation, Action) Lab” project. The purpose of the job is to design and execute a Youth Forum which will serve as an evaluation meeting and dissemination event of the project.
Youth EN.P.ACT (Entrepreneurship, Participation, Action) Lab is one of the current projects implemented by APY aiming to empower young people in rural communities of Armenia to become more active both on the grass-root level and on national and international programs, benefiting from educational opportunities as well as mobility programs of the EU in the field of Education, Training and Youth.
Forum will involve 60 participants of the project, coordinators from each consortium organizations, 20 mentors and trainers involved in the project, CSO’s and social enterprises where the participants completed the internships as well as guest from the public and private sectors. The Forum will be a unique platform where all the stakeholders of the entire project will have a chance to meet and have a dialogue on the results and findings of the project. The 2-day Forum will also highlight the success in individual learning of each participant and can help in conducting evaluations after the program has concluded.
In a team of 2 moderators and an assistant, the moderator is expected to facilitate the 2-day meeting and dissemination event for 60 young people from rural and deprived urban areas of 10 targeted regions of Armenia who successfully participated in the project and have completed the internships and seminars will be the main participants. Forum will also include a public event with 60 participants of the project, coordinators from each consortium organizations, 20 mentors and trainers involved in the project, CSO’s and social enterprises where the participants completed the internships as well as guest from the public and private sectors. The responsible for Youth Policy Development at the Ministry of Sports and Youth as well as the representatives of the Ministry of Education will be also participating in the entire event.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing alternative training methods
- Designing the curriculum of the Forum
- Facilitating discussions
- Thematic Control
- Moderating of Forum Panels
- Designing the general flow and mechanics of the event together with the project team
- Providing visual facilitation
NB: Taking into account the evolving nature of the project, some minor changes may occur to the roles and responsibilities of the Moderator
- Demonstrate good understanding on youth development and social entrepreneurship;
- Strong analytical capacities and strong ability to communicate and summarize this analysis in writing;
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills;
- Generate information and documentation;
- Network effectively with stakeholders to develop effective implementation plan.
- Ability to manage relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and incorporate diverse points of view;
- Help create an enabling environment for open communication;
- Demonstrate fairness and transparency.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience as a Training Facilitator, Training coordinator and Moderator;
- Knowledge of traditional and modern educational techniques;
- Ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate);
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- BSc degree in Education, Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology or relevant field.
The Moderator will work for 2 full days and will be paid a daily fee of 100 EUR gross (200 EUR in total) (taxes and social security expenses are included in the mentioned salary).
If interested in this position, please: (1) write a motivation letter not exceeding the 500 words, (2) send the CV to [email protected] by mentioning the Job Title and Name/Surname in the Subject (example: Moderator — Simon Simonyan).
The motivation letter and the CV should be sent by 28th of May 2018 in one message. Any application presented after the deadline above will not be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted candidates may be contacted for a panel interview scheduled on 30-31 of May.