We are hiring PR and Communications Manager
Job Title: PR and Communications Manager
Reporting To: Executive Director
Opening Date: 04 September, 2017
Application Deadline: 25 September 2017
Starts from: 01 October 2017
Workload per week: 20 hours (50%)
Contract: Fixed Term for 6 months (The contract could be extended for another 6 months and up to 1 year)
Purpose of the Job:
Armenian Progressive Youth, a non-governmental organization based in Yerevan, Armenia, is looking for an enthusiastic, young, progressive and proactive individual to become a member of its growing team. We are looking for a PR and Communications Manager who will coordinate and facilitate internal and external PR and communications activities of the organization. The position aims to strengthen the outreach of the organization, the visibility of its projects, to measure the impact of the organization on the target groups as well to sustain the online and offline presence of the organisation through planned publicity campaigns and PR activity.
The PR and Communications Manager will be responsible for the public relations aspect within the organization. S/he will sustain the organizations’ reputation for quality and reliability through writing and delivering press releases, designing visual identities and handling all communication sent to the public and the beneficiaries.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Press Relations and Communications
– Providing the media with information about the organization and its project, preparing news releases, researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
– Organizing news conferences, communicating important announcements to the target group of the organization;
– Dealing with inquiries from the media, liaising with, and answering inquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, often via telephone and email;
– Writing and editing e-magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
– Organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
– Maintaining and updating information on the organisation’s website;
– Managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn;
– Fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives;
– Getting the organization featured on radio, TV and the Internet;
– Translating articles and press releases in 2 languages (Armenian and English).
– Preparing informational packages and presentations for field visits and meeting;
– Writing marketing communications materials and planning content and writing for publications such as product brochures, leaflets, annual reports, newsletters and e-magazines;
– Writing content for website pages and social media as well as scripts for presentations and videos;
– Gathering information, updating the website and designing the logos, visuals and promotional materials of the organization working closely with the publishing house;
– Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes;
– Writing, reviewing and editing articles for the web-page of about the project;
– Planning communication programs and carry out research into the attitudes and perceptions of the target group and the beneficiaries;
– Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies;
– Commissioning surveys and contacting beneficiaries, volunteers and members of the organization to discuss their views and collect testimonies;
Monitoring and Reporting
– Reviewing the online accounts and social media channels of the organization and preparing monthly reports to be submitted to the Executive Director;
– Monitoring social media sites, assessing the attitudes about the organization and analyzing the statistics of the web-site, offline and online/social media;
– Monitoring the publicity and conducting research to find out the concerns and expectations of the target group and beneficiaries as well as reporting and explaining the findings;
• Higher education in the fields of journalism, marketing, communications, European Studies, Foreign Languages, Translation and Social Sciences;
• A minimum of 1 year of professional experience in the field of Public Relations, Marketing or Communication as well as solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking;
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• Strong oral and written skills in Armenian and English languages;
• Being detail-oriented with strong communication skills;
• Having the ability to solve problems and manage time effectively,
• Being able to work in a multicultural team and work as a part of a team, meeting the deadlines;
• High computer literacy, with good knowledge of social media tools;
• Willingness to work sometimes irregular hours, week-ends, travel to the regions, with overnight paid and fully covered stay-over;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Good IT skills and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are an asset;
• Presentation skills;
• Ability to priorities and plan effectively;
• Awareness of different media agendas;
Salary and Workload
The PR and Communications Manager will work 20 fixed hours weekly + there might regional trips and overnight stays on week-ends and during the week. Regional trips as well as overnight and weekend work will be paid separately as a daily allowance in the end of the month. The salary envisaged for this position is 80.000 AMD monthly (taxes and social security expenses are not included in the mentioned salary and are covered by the organization separately). The health insurance is not covered by the organization.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and PR and Communications strategy to [email protected]
Note! Applications without PR and Communications Strategy will not be considered. The Strategy should include concrete actions that you will undertake in case you are selected for this position. Please also indicate which changes or improvements will you offer in relation to APY’s web-site, Facebook, YouTube,LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter accounts . Please be as specific and realistic as possible!
In the subject line of your e-mail message please indicate your name and the position you are applying for, e.g. PR and Communications Manager: Petros Petrosyan
Application deadline is by September 25, 2017.
For more information on APY, please refer to the our website at www.apy.am or contact our HR Manager at [email protected]
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.