Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reporting To: Executive Director
Opening Date: 14 January, 2019
Application Deadline: 30 January 2019
Starts: from 01 February 2019
Workload per week: 28 hours (70%)
Contract: 10 months fixed term until December 1, 2019 (Paid probation period of 2 months)
Purpose of the Job:
APY, a non-governmental organization based in Yerevan, Armenia, is looking for an enthusiastic, young, progressive and proactive individual to become a member of its growing team. We are looking for an Executive Assistant who will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director and his team with day-to-day tasks.
In this part-time position (28 hours a week max) the Executive Assistant will be responsible for a wide range of activities assisting the Executive Director. Candidates must have experience as a personal or executive assistant. Previous work with a non-profit organization is helpful. Must be proactive with excellent organizational, Armenian & English language, logistical, and project management skills; strong organizational, communication and writing skills for a variety of projects and diverse audiences.
The Executive Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director by assisting with the communication coming into and going out of the Executive Office.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assist Executive Director with planning, organization and administration of daily tasks.
• Manage and protect Executive Director’s day-to-day calendar.
• Execute on tasks large and small, including but not limited to booking travel, planning events, and executing on other tasks.
• Draft correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director, prepare briefs for critical meetings, press releases, speeches and draft slides or other materials.
• Assist with all tasks managing related to various projects of the organization.
• Assist with the management of external and internal relationships.
• Manage Executive Director with schedules and e-mail.
• Assist in the design of flyers, power point presentations, forms, and other materials for Executive Office projects.
• Develop and maintain contact databases; organize meetings and events.
• Help with paper work and reporting.
• Schedule appointments and meetings.
• Book rooms and conference facilities in cooperation with Project Managers.
• Accept other duties as assigned.
We’re looking for Someone Who:
• Has experience as an Executive Assistant or in a related role.
• Is super organized with meticulous attention to details.
• Is positive, passionate, and energized.
• Is resourceful and can independently prioritize conflicting needs and juggle multiple high-importance, high-urgency matters.
• Is an excellent Armenian and English written and verbal communicator.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent communication and writing skills in Armenian and English.
• Excellent note taking skills.
• Ability to implement and learn new skills and concepts quickly.
• Problem solving skills and deductive reasoning abilities.
• Excellent organization skills & time management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to adapt and change quickly.
• Being able to work in a multicultural team and work as a part of a team, meeting the deadlines;
• High computer literacy, with good knowledge of social media tools;
• Self-starter with ability to work with minimum supervision;
• Willingness to work sometimes irregular hours, week-ends, travel to the regions, with overnight paid and fully covered stay-over.
• Sensitive language, diversity-orientation and human rights based attitude.
Salary and Workload
The Executive assistant will work 28 hours weekly based in the office + there might regional trips and overnight stays on week-ends and during the week. The salary envisaged for this position is 100.000 AMD monthly (taxes and social security expenses are not included in the mentioned salary and are covered by the organization separately). The health insurance is not covered by the organization.
Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter and CV to [email protected]
In the subject line of your e-mail message please indicate the position you are applying for, e.g. Name-Surname, Executive Assistant.
Application deadline is January 30, 2019.
For more information on APY, please refer to the organization’s website at www.apy.am or contact our HR Manager at [email protected]
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.