Armenian Progressive Youth NGO is looking for Labour Experts and Consultants to design and conduct series of workshops for young people on labour rights, legislation, and participation in trade unions.
I. Project Title: “EU4LabourRights: Increasing Civic Voice and Action for Labour Rights and Social Protection in Armenia”
II. Post Title: Labour Expert / Consultant
III. Contract Duration: March 15 – December 15, 2022
IV. Application Deadline: 20 February, 2022
“EU4LabourRights: Increasing Civic Voice and Action for Labour Rights and Social Protection in Armenia” project is implemented by OxYGen Foundation, Armenian Progressive Youth NGO, Socioscope NGO, “Asparez” Journalists’ Club NGO, Media Diversity Institute – Armenia in cooperation with Protection of Rights without Borders NGO, and Eurasia Partnership Foundation and is funded by the European Union. The Project will facilitate a multi-stakeholder policy Platform – CVA which will lead national consultations on the development and implementation of relevant public policies aimed at addressing the discrimination and violation of labour rights, with the involvement of grassroots organizations and activists’ non formal groups.
VI. Purpose of the assignment
The contracted Labour Experts and Consultants will be tasked to design a comprehensive training module on labour rights, labour legislation, and participation of young people in trade unions tailored to the needs of young people and young employees. Experts will conduct series of 10 workshops for 20 participants each – based on the developed training module and methodology.
VII. Main Responsibilities:
•Carrying out training needs assessment among young people and based on the assessment developing a comprehensive training module (in English) on labour rights, labour legislation, and participation of young people in trade unions tailored to the needs of young people and young employees.
• Conducting series of 10 workshops based on the developed module and methodology – for 20 participants each.
• Working with motivated young people and supporting them to join trade unions or to create pilot trade unions.
VIII. Specific Tasks
• Working closely with the Armenian Progressive Youth NGO project team to agree on the final version of the training module and methodology;
• Conducting a training needs assessment among at least 100 young employees to identify their current level of competency, skill or knowledge on how to defend their labour rights at work, how to join or establish a trade union, where to apply for support in case their labour rights have been violated at work, etc;
• Developing a tailored methodology and a module based on the identified difference between the current and required competencies identified during training needs assessment;
• Conducting workshops for young people based on the designed module on labour rights, legal and policy frameworks in Armenia, mechanisms and procedures of defending labour rights and establishing trade unions;
• Finalizing and submitting training reports in English to Armenian Progressive Youth NGO;
• Supporting the young people to get engaged in trade unions or establish youth-led trade unions.
Specifically, the Labour Experts and Consultants are expected to provide the following deliverables:
- A comprehensive publication-quality training module and methodology is designed and tailored to the needs of young people;
- Series of 10 workshops are conducted for 20 participants each, 200 in total;
- Training report in English is prepared and submitted to Armenian Progressive Youth NGO;
- A consultancy to young people interested to establish trade union is provided;
X. Experience and Competencies required
- A post-graduate or equivalent qualification/ degree in Law, Human rights, Political Science, Humanities or any other relevant discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of prior work experience in the field of human rights education, training delivery, training needs assessment, etc.
- Knowledge on labour rights and labour legislation in the Armenian context.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in conducting need assessments and developing training modules, training materials etc.
- Demonstrated experiences and skills in facilitating group consultations and training.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in Armenian and English.
- Proven sufficient capacities that ensure a successful completion and high quality of deliverables.
- Experience in working with non-governmental and international organizations.
It is expected that potential candidates will come up with tentative timeline with regard of the entire assignment. The assignment should start in mid-March 2022. Details concerning the time schedule will be discussed with successful candidates. Armenian Progressive Youth NGO reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of payment if performance is unsatisfactory, if work/outputs is incomplete, not delivered or for failure to meet deadlines. This ToR is an integral part of the contract to be signed with selected Experts and Consultants.
XII. How to Apply
Applicants are requested to submit their proposals electronically (in English) to Armenian Progressive Youth NGO via [email protected] no later than 20th of February, 2022.
XIII. Application Package Requirements
The Application package should include the following documents:
1. Application Form (Annex I)
2. Price Offer Form (Annex II)
4. A cover letter mentioning prior experience in the field
5. Reference to at least 2 training conducted in the relevant field
Applications that do not fall within the guidelines described in this ToR will not be considered.
“EU4LabourRights: Increasing Civic Voice and Action for Labour Rights and Social Protection in Armenia:” Project is implemented by OxYGen Foundation, Armenian Progressive Youth NGO, Socioscope NGO, “Asparez” Journalists’ Club NGO, Media Diversity Institute – Armenia in cooperation with Protection of Rights without Borders NGO, and Eurasia Partnership Foundation. The Project is funded by the European Union.