Job Title: Assistant to the Executive Director
Reporting To: Executive Director
Opening Date: 23 January, 2021
Application Deadline: 29 January 2021
Starts: from 01 February 2021
Workload per week: 40 hours (100%)
Contract: fixed term (paid probation period of 2 months)
Purpose of the Job:
APY, a non-governmental organization based in Yerevan, Armenia, is looking for an enthusiastic, young, progressive and proactive individual to become a member of its growing team. We are looking for an Assistant to our Executive Director. The Assistant will serve as the primary point of contact for the Executive Director and provide administrative support with the day-to-day business.
In this full-time position, the Assistant to the Executive Director will be responsible for a wide range of activities supporting the Executive Director with scheduling meetings and maintaining director’s calendar, preparing correspondence, coordinating travel, other related functions. The Executive Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director by assisting with the communication coming into and going out of the Executive Office.
Candidates must have experience as a personal or executive assistant. Previous work with a non-profit organization is an asset. This individual should exhibit a high level of professionalism, be a self-starter and extremely organized as well as have a keen eye for details. Excellent written and verbal communication in Armenian and English languages is required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist Executive Director with planning, organization and administration of daily tasks.
- Manage and protect Executive Director’s day-to-day calendar.
- Execute on tasks large and small, including but not limited to booking travel, planning events, and executing on other tasks.
- Draft correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director; prepare briefs for critical meetings, press releases, speeches and draft slides or other materials.
- Assist with all tasks managing related to various projects of the organization.
- Assist with the management of external and internal relationships.
- Assist in the design of power point presentations, forms, and other materials for Executive Office projects.
- Develop and maintain contact databases; organize meetings and events.
- Help with paper work and reporting.
- Schedule appointments and meetings.
- Book rooms and conference facilities in cooperation with Project Managers.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
We’re looking for Someone Who:
- Has experience as a personal or executive Assistant.
- Is super organized with meticulous attention to details.
- Is positive, passionate, and energized.
- Is resourceful and can independently prioritize conflicting needs and juggle multiple high-importance, high-urgency matters.
- Is an excellent communicator in written and verbal Armenian and English.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Armenian and English.
- Excellent note taking skills.
- Ability to implement and learn new skills and concepts quickly.
- Problem solving skills and deductive reasoning abilities.
- Excellent organization skills & time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Being able to work in a multicultural team and work as a part of a team, meeting the deadlines;
- High computer literacy, with good knowledge of social media tools;
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Willingness to work irregular hours, travel to the regions, with overnight paid and fully covered stay-over.
- Sensitive language, diversity-orientation and human rights based attitude.
Salary and Workload
The Executive assistant will work full-time and will be based in the office. The GROSS salary envisaged for this position is 200.000 AMD monthly. Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter and CV to [email protected]
In the subject line of your e-mail message please indicate the position you are applying for, e.g. Name-Surname, Assistant to the Executive Director.
Application deadline is January 29th, 2021.
For more information on APY, please refer to the organization’s website at www.apy.am or contact our HR Manager at [email protected]
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.